Monday, March 29, 2010

Well, it tastes pretty: Sour Cream Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Some cakes just turn out looking a little tipsy. But you know what? Sometimes, after taking that first bite, you remember that it's what on the inside that counts. And, you know, what you choose to slather on top. So while the flavors of this cake rocked, it was a real pain in the you-know-what to assemble. I'll admit, though, that the error during the assembly process was all mine.
I was attempting to flip the second layer of the cake onto first layer by flipping the plate that the second layer was on upside down. Generally it's just common sense that when the cake is super moist, flipping of the cake should just not happen. Ever. But silly ol' me, I always assume that cake acrobatics are perfectly acceptable. Oh, when will I ever learn? What resulted was that the second layer fell off of the plate and landed on the first...And split into three pieces. I responded by flapping my arms in a vaguely chicken-like manner and squawking out a series of family gathering-appropriate swears ("Fudge, fudge, fudge!")
Never fear, though! There is (almost) nothing that frosting cannot fix-- bad hair days, bombed tests, cracked cakes...The possibilities are endless...Ish.

The verdict:
Taste-wise, the cake was a hit! Make it. Now. Seriously.
(Just don't go flipping any cakes now, ya hear?)

I obtained the recipe from "Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes."

2 comments:

  1. Well by looking at it now, I would have never known it had flipped over and split into pieces! Man what would I have given to taste that cake!

    ReplyDelete